Tuesday, September 28, 2004

--------------------------------





She Kissed Me Before Leaving


She kissed me before leaving
i could still feel the wetness impressed
it tingles a warm feeling that runs
from the soles of my feet
to the lightheadedness in my head.

though she has gone
i could still feel the wetness of her kiss
the soft touch of her lips lingers
just above my cheek
a light and teasing succubus
giggling at how i try to cling on

to hold on
to impress a kiss of my own

she kissed me before leaving
but i
didn't kiss back
the wetness is a memory
a reddish stain of lipstick

she kissed me before leaving
a parting gift
and like an imperious child
that i am
i vow never to wash my cheek
of the wetness now impressed
like a thin layer of thin red paint

because it was for her kiss
that i lived.
now all that remains
is a brand, a scar, a testament

she kissed me before leaving
and took my wallet, my watch
my new leather shoes, my favorite polo,
the keychain my baby sister gave me
and which contains my housekeys,
the keys to my office desk, my car,
(ow, headache and vertigo--- !)
even the spare change in my pocket

now,
if only MCWD's water shortage would end
maybe i could take a shower
and wipe this stain.

I wonder if Bobby Nalzaro is on-board...





No comments: