Thursday, January 22, 2004

January 16, 2007

Dear Butch,

Happy New Year!! I’ll be leaving for Cebu on Monday with Angelo and I hope that we could get together while I’m there. If you can round up the guys, the first round’s on me! Hehehe J I missed all of you and I can’t wait to see you guys again!

It’s been what... three years, since our Cannon Creek days? Daghan bag-o diha? Oh, you don’t know the how difficult life is in Manila. Luckily, we were able to get a house near Angelo’s office. Also, it’s a hour’s drive to anywhere you want to go in the Metropolis --- And here I thought I could hold on to my vows of Cebu being the only “metropolis” of my heart!

Manila is okay. I mean, Dindin’s doing well in Don Bosco Mandaluyong. You were right, though. Bosconians are sooooo bastos! He’s learning a new word for... you know! Dili tika i-ninong sa akong sunod nga anak!

Angelo’s doing great! He’s been promoted and now heads the Creative Visuals Department of Saatchi & Saatchi. I’m doing free-lance writing for a magazine aside the volunteer work that I do for Tuloy.

Butch, I am utterly bothered by your email asking for copies of Hustler magazines. Whatever for? I mean, don’t you get those there? Ay, sus ko, Butch! Where am I going to get those magazines --- wait! Why am I going to buy those magazines!! I’m a social worker for crying out loud! I volunteer at a drop-in center for Friggin’s sake! Oh well... I’ll bring them along na lang with me when I get there. Make sure your ass is at the airport by then, because I don’t want Mama to be unpacking and seeing all those magazines in my bag! Hahahahaha!

Gotta go na! Give my regards to Joyce, to Ma’am Sharon, and to the rest of the guys!



Godbless...

Ate Emi



--- --- ---

January 17, 2007


Dearest Emi,

Thank you for allowing me that request! And don’t forget VCD copies of the latest scandals rocking Manila!!! Hehehehehe! Remember the Mandaue Scandal?! Hahahahahahaha!

We have a lot of catching up to do. Martin and Angie got married last December and their on their honeymoon cruise around the world. Louie, Joe and I have started this small comic book thing and things are picking up. Martin and Werby are in on it as well. Werby and Danessa are getting married next month (did you get your invitations?), while the biggest office gossip is that Barcy is going to ask that new applicant named Segundina if he could court her. Apparently, Segundina will say yes. I don’t know the details yet. Oh well... love knows no age limits. I mean, it doesn't matter if the girl's older, as long as the both of you are into Ragnarok.... I’ll email you the details soon.

Alvin is still Alvin. He still sends me my regular Daily Dose. Our conversations have progressed. We’ve mixed a bit of religion into the conversation. We’ve outgrown the pure unadulterated sex phase and have moved on to fetish and priest-nun-altar boy scandals, and then some. It’s quite interesting, really. Geda considered the convent for a while, but it didn’t work out. She joined a search-in at this monastery and noticed that one of the nuns kept looking at her in a freaky sort of way. That ended all illusion about religious life for Geda. Did you know that Joe had twins? Mama is the new Dean of UP Cebu --- yeah, right! You wish! Kidding... Hahahahaha!

Berto now owns the building. Apparently, as the story goes, an uncle of Berto’s died and left him a huge fortune. Now, he drives a mustard-yellow minivan-type multicab and bought the building from Mrs. Pelaez. It’s now called “Berto’s Building. For inquiries, go inside Berto.” I wonder what his family name is... Chito has moved up in the world as well. His gun belt now has ten bullets. It’s an amazing promotion considering that it only held two bullets before.

To answer your multitude of questions about the mags: No. the Hustler magazines are not for masturbation (well, for the most part of it). I can get off anytime I want. The Hustler magazines are for my own pure, unadulterated viewing pleasure and for reminding myself what I've been missing these past 2 years and 7 months and two weeks. And three days.

I need it to keep me from going off the deep end and trying to convince myself that I'm a virtuous person with not a single horny thought in my head. It keeps me grounded --- read: I'm a horny semi-opaw going soft and I need help keeping up my ah, er... virility...!

I need help!!! Can you imagine that I'm starting to read Mama's Good Housekeeping magazines and reading the articles on interior decorating, dealing with your kids' bad study habits and recipes --- the recipes are the worst!

I've changed! I don't think of sex as often anymore! Where I used to think of white cotton panties, tight mini skirts and soft, creamy legs... Now it’s all about chicken florentine, oatmeal raisin cookies and breakfast biscuits!!! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp!

I end by quoting one of my favorite lines... In the great and wise words of Mars: "Cheers!"

‘be seeing you next week!!


Butch

(fiction)

No comments: